Last revised April 2010
Actions carried out by the European Network for Rural Development and the European Evaluation Network for Rural Development in the framework of Council Regulation(EC) No 1698/2005 of 20 September 2005 on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) (including meetings, seminars, conferences, groups, visits, participation in fairs and open days, development and dissemination of documents, publications and development of tools on the ENRD Website)
1. In which context personal information are collected?
The European Network for Rural Development (ENRD) managed by unit G.3 of the Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Commission and the European Evaluation Network for Rural Development (EENRD) which is part of the European Network for Rural Development but managed by another unit within the Commission's Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (unit L.4) work on the basis of annual work plans. In order to reach their objectives, they have several tools at their disposal: different meetings/seminars/conferences/groups are organised; documents are developed and disseminated, some specific publications are produced and distributed; a Website provides static information and develops dynamic tools.
In this framework, the collection of personal data is necessary in order to efficiently implement the ENRD and the EENRD work programs. The following tools can be used to collect these data:
- Online invitation/registration to the "Name of the event/meeting/group" on a specific Website
- Online subscription form for publications on the ENRD Website
- Paper or electronic subscription form for publications
- Various questionnaires/attendance lists distributed during the events/meetings/groups
- Questionnaires sent electronically in the context of surveys
- Phone, fax, etc.
After registration, your personal data will be collected and further processed for the purposes detailed hereafter under point 2. Processing of your personal data carried out in the context of these actions falls under the responsibility of the Head of Unit G.3 – European network and monitoring of rural development – and the Head of Unit L.4 – Evaluation of policy measures in agriculture, studies - Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Commission.
As these services collect and further process personal data, Regulation (EC) 45/2001, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, is applicable.
2. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
The personal data collected and further processed are:
- Data necessary for the organisation and the management of an event/a meeting/a group, the distribution of publications, the development and dissemination of working documents, guidance documents and information papers, the diffusion of information on the ENRD or EENRD activity and the development of specific tools on the ENRD Website such as gender (necessary for determining the right title), name, surname, profession, postal & email addresses, phone n°, fax n°.
- If applicable: photographs/videos of groups of participants/members and organisers.
- If necessary identity card or passport n°, date of birth (for access control purposes by security guards to the Commission's premises).
- Information about the type of transport used and hotel and banking information (for purpose of reimbursement of travel expenses/allowances).
The purpose of the processing of personal data is the following:
management of events/meetings/groups, including management of lists for contacts, invitations, participants/members, reports, distribution of reports, feedback on reports, seminar follow-up, follow-up meetings/groups, follow-up actions, information sharing; management of mailing lists related to the distribution of paper and electronic publications; management of mailing lists related to the development and dissemination of working documents, guidance documents and information papers; large diffusion of information on the ENRD and EENRD activity; development of tools on the ENRD Website with information sharing including lists of contact persons from rural development organisations or authorities (addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, etc).
The legal basis for these actions is Council Regulation (EC) No 1698/2005 of 20 September 2005 on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD), Commission Regulation (EC) No 1974/2006 of 15 December 2006 laying down detailed rules for the application of Council Regulation (EC) No 1698/2005 of 20 September 2005 on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and Commission Decision of 20 February 2008 setting up the organisational structure for the European Network for Rural Development.
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
- Web: In some cases, personal data (such as name, surname, profession, addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, name of organisation, including, if applicable, photographs/videos) will be published on the Internet. If you don't wish these data to be published on the web, please either use the opt-out function available on the website, or inform the Controller using the contact details mentioned hereafter explicitly specifying your request.Personal data in electronic form: Access to your personal data, as well as any other information collected in the framework of these actions, is exclusively provided through an identification system with password to a restricted number of users, without prejudice of a possible future transmission of these data to the bodies charged with the control and inspection of the Commission's activities in conformity with Community law. These users are the services of DG Agriculture and Rural Development, the Publications Office, as well as officially contracted external companies.
- Personal data kept in paper files: In the context of events/meetings/groups, in order to facilitate contacts and to keep operational the network of the persons involved in the European Network for Rural Development or the European Evaluation Network for Rural Development, a list mentioning the essential coordinates of participants/members or their organisations is shared between attendees/members of events/meetings/groups. Another list only consisting in the presence list is shared between participants/members and distributed to all organisations represented in the events/meetings/groups.
As reports of this kind of events/meetings/groups are Commission documents, they underlie Regulation (EC) 1049/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2001 regarding public access to European Parliament, Council and Commission documents.
No personal data is transmitted to parties, which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned. The data are solely collected and further processed for the specific purposes laid down in this privacy statement and will not be used for any other purpose. The data will not be shared with third parties for direct marketing.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data and all information related to the above mentioned actions are stored on the servers of DG Agriculture and Rural Development, of the Publications Office (for mailing lists only), as well as (if applicable) on the servers of the contractors acting under the responsibility of the Head of Unit G.3 – European network and monitoring of rural development and the Head of Unit L.4 - Evaluation of policy measures in agriculture, studies - Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Commission.
These operations are carried out in the framework of the Commission's security decisions and provisions established by the Directorate of Security for this kind of servers and services.
Access to all collected personal data and all information related to the above mentioned actions is only possible to the above described populations with a UserID/Password. Only some essential coordinates necessary to reach the objectives of the action will be communicated to participants, subscribers to publications or other people inserted in tools developed on the ENRD Website, and clearly identified interested actors in the field of cooperation, for the sole purposes of facilitation and promotion of this cooperation.
5. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
You have the right to object to the publication of your personal data, or to ask for removal from the public site at any time.
In case you want to verify which personal data is stored on your behalf by the responsible controller, have it modified, corrected, or deleted, please write an e-mail message to the e-mail address mentioned hereafter under "Contact Information", and explicitly specify your request.
Special attention is drawn to the consequences of a delete request, in which case any trace to be able to contact you will be lost.
6. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data is kept as long as follow-up actions related to the above mentioned actions are necessary with the purpose of the processing of personal data for these actions as well as for their related management.
All personal data will be deleted from our databases 2 years after the last action. Reports containing personal data will be archived in conformity with the existing legal framework.
Persons subscribing to publications will receive a specific login and password giving them the possibility to directly update their data or unsubscribe online.
7. Contact Information
In case you have questions related to your personal data or concerning any information processed in the context of the European Network for Rural Development or the European Evaluation Network for Rural Development activity, or on your rights, please contact the Controller, using the following contact information:
For the European Network for Rural Development (ENRD):
Head of Unit G3
European Network and Monitoring of Rural Development
DG Agriculture and Rural Development
B-1049 Brussels, Belgium
For the European Evaluation Network for Rural Development (EENRD):
Head of Unit L4
Evaluation of policy measures in agriculture, studies
DG Agriculture and Rural Development
B-1049 Brussels, Belgium
Complaints, in case of conflict, can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor.