Good Practice Workshops
Good Practice Workshop on drafting terms of reference for ex ante evaluations - Brussels, Belgium - 1 March 2012
According to the new proposals for CAP post 2013, the Member States will have to carry out ex ante evaluations of their new Rural Development Programmes. For the next programming period (2014-2020), there are a number of differences: more detailed description of what should be covered (Article 48 of the draft Regulation laying down common provisions… COM(2011)615), evaluator should be engaged at an early stage (Article 84 of draft Rural Development Regulation COM (2011) 627/final/2) and also the evaluation will have to be carried out relatively early to be included in the partnership contracts (PC), that will set out priorities for investment, resources and targets to be achieved.
To share experiences about the new requirements of the ex ante evaluation and to discuss good practice in drafting terms of reference for the upcoming tendering process in the Member States, a workshop was organised by the Evaluation Helpdesk on 1 March 2012.
Introduction and framing
- Ex ante evaluation of post-2013 RDPs outline of legal requirements, Zélie Peppiette, - European Commission DG Agriculture and Rural Development – Unit L4 Evaluation of measures applicable to agriculture; studies [PDF ]
- SEA and rural development programmes, Yvette Izabel – European Commission DG Environment- Unit A3: Cohesion Policy and Environmental assessments [PDF ]
Reflection on new challenges from point of view of Managing Authorities and evaluators
- Ex ante evaluation and Strategic environmental assessment 2014-2020 Main Challenges, A French approach by the Managing Authority, Marc Longhi, French Managing Authority [PDF ]
- Challenges stemming from legal proposals on ex ante and SEA – Estonian case, Sirli Kalbus, Estonian Managing Authority [PDF ]
- Ex ante evaluation and terms of reference - Finnish MA point of view, Eero Pehkonen, Ministry of Agriculture and forestry, Finland [PDF ]
- Challenges from point of view of an evaluation expert, Erika Quendler, Federal Institute of Agricultural Economics, Austria [PDF ]
- An Evaluator’s Perspective, John Grieve [PDF ]
- Drafting Terms of Reference for ex ante evaluations, check list, Andreas Resch, Evaluation Helpdesk [PDF ]
- Newsletter of the Good Practice Workshop “Drafting Terms of Reference for ex ante evaluations” - Brussels, 1 March 2012 [PDF ]
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org