Evaluation processes > Ex ante evaluation > Guidance
Ex ante evaluation guidance
Guidance note C of the Handbook on Common Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (CMEF) presents the guidelines for ex ante evaluation of Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) 2007-2013. The guidance includes summary detail about the regulatory framework, the methodological approach, roles, responsibilities and tasks of the process and reporting. It also covers the requirements for the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) which should form part of the ex ante evaluation.
The purpose of these guidelines are:
- To provide a practical tool to plan and carry out ex ante evaluations
- To give an overview of the methodological framework
- To clarify the role of ex ante evaluation
- To explain what is required and the specific tasks to be carried out, including the responsibilities of the various actors
- To explain the requirements concerning the SEA
Annex 1 to Guidance note C of the Handbook on CMEF is an indicative outline of an ex ante evaluation report, while Annex 2 provides the context and guidance for carrying out an SEA (see Directive 2001/42/EC).